How is each subject assessed?
Subject are assessed by various methods including exam, controlled assessment, practical.
When do exams take place?
Public and internal examinations are scheduled throughout the year. Public exams are timetabled by Awarding Bodies, therefore changes to dates are not permissible.
A full timetable will be published prior to each exam season. Felpham Community College reserves the right to include further or withdraw internal sessions.
Can I re-take exams at the school if I have left?
- Felpham Community College will only accept entries from former students, for specifications currently taught within the school.
- All details must be provided on the application form provided.
- An administration fee is levied for each exam series per GCE/GCSE.
- This is in addition to the exam fees payable; the total fee must be received and cleared before the requested date for entries to be made.
- No tuition is to be provided to you by the school.
- Enquiries about exam results may be provided and are chargeable depending on the exam boards and service required.
- Certificates will be available to be collected within 6 months of the exam season, they will be held for 2 years.
- Please contact the Exams Office for further details, current fees and deadline dates.
Where can I find out more information?
Further information can be found on the individual exam board websites:
Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) set the rules and guidelines for the conduct of examinations, the criteria for access arrangements and special consideration. Please see below link to essential information that ALL students sitting external examinations must be aware of.
The Exams Co-ordinator for Felpham Community College is Mrs M Whelan. Please e-mail any comments or further questions to